Tuesday, August 10, 2010

week 12 of plowshare produce

No matter now much I try to post every day, days go by where I just completely miss it. Hopefully there's enough here to keep you all entertained?

We're halfway through the plowshare. This week's Veggies are: edamame, sungold tomatoes, jalepeno, lettuce, zucchini, tomatoes, potatoes, cilantro, carrots, bell peppers, onions and beets.

I made the best salsa in the world: tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalepeno, bell pepper, all from the CSA, and then some lemon juice.

This weekend I picked a bunch of cherry-tomatoes from my garden. Here's about half of them:

I didn't know what to do with them, so I blanched and peeled them all, and stored them for use in the next couple weeks (I didn't can them because I only had enough for two cans and it was so hot this weekend).

Also, this weekend I made a bunch of no-bake cookies, following this recipe, but I think mine should have cooked another 30-60 seconds because although they didn't firm up as much as I would have liked.

No comments: