Monday, August 2, 2010

Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe!

Really, at 20 weeks, it is just the length of a cantaloupe (~6.5 inches and ~10.6oz).

According to our email from thebump.com:

Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

So I'd guess I have even more incentive now (aside from the baby's health and my own) to eat well, limiting the sugar and fat.

We have our ultrasound tomorrow (Tuesday) evening, but tomorrow is also plowshare day! I'll do my best to get up both posts, but likely I'll make you all wait an extra day to find out the sex. (I have to find some way to keep you coming back for more!)

No comments: