I have five minutes. That's all I'll take for this.
- There are all the things to write: papers, grants, letters of recommendation, evaluations of the students in the program I'm co-chairing, more papers, more grants, annual evaluations.
- I have trainees to mentor - it takes time to actually sit down with everyone, listen, and try to respond.
- I like to see my family.
- I am giving seminars and conference presentations
- I'm doing research - I've been so excited to be coding lately! It's really great to be doing hands-on research.
- I'm teaching, grading, reading, meeting with students.
- Sometimes (often?) the things I'm thinking are much better said by other people.
- I'm sitting on committees at my University.
- I'm a council member.
- I'm peer-reviewing.
- I'm editing papers for journals.
- I'm packing lunches, walking dogs, cleaning the house, grocery shopping...
- Sometimes, I make it to the gym.
- I bought a book I might get to read.
I love blogging. I love reading other people's blogs. So, maybe I can give myself five minutes here and there to do it more.
Time's up. Back to work.