good news: Today is the first day of the Plowshare Produce pickup in State College:
"This Week’s Veggies: salad mix, spinach, kale, pea shoots, kohlrabi, hakurei turnips and/or radishes, maybe a little broccoli, asparagus (from Village Acres and just for Friday folks; Tuesday shareholders will get theirs next week!"
bad news: The oil spill is having a tremendous and destructive impact on the environment (pics here).
This week is shaping up to be a pretty busy week:
1. Prepare a presentation for Friday's lab meeting on the Neandertal genome paper:
A draft sequence of the Neandertal genome (Green et al, 2010)
Science 7 May 2010:
Vol. 328. no. 5979, pp. 710 - 722
2. Submit draft of Y overview to Nature Scitable.
3. Work on Male Mutation Bias manuscript, especially figures.
4. Work on Pseudogene project with undergrad (a. hashing out the procedure for her to follow, and b. computing the math for the Confidence Intervals).
5. Start drafting letters to potential postdoc advisors.
6. Put down some concrete ideas for NSF postdoctoral fellowship application.
7. Start assembling the program for National GWIS meeting.
8. Put together concepts for my guest lecture (Comparative Mammalian Sexuality) for the Tuesday June 15th class of Human Sexuality. It is going to be awesome, so you should all come!