Sunday, August 7, 2011

where did the weekend go?

Let's see, I don't think I update about the mundane stuff often enough, but I think it is good to bring it up now and again. Scientists (or scientists in training), when we're not holed up doing research, do the same everyday things as everyone else. It sounds funny to say it, but I remember reading some magazine looking a celebrities with the caption, "they're just like us", and I realize how easy it is to place people into "them" categories. Of course celebrities are just like us. Well, aside from the multi-million dollar paychecks, and worrying about paparazzi and stalkers. 

So what did us exciting science-type people do this weekend? Friday night after work we ordered a delicious bbq chicken pizza from a place down the street and enjoyed some family time.

Saturday we walked up to College street, here in Berkeley, had breakfast then chatted with some nice people on the street while we waited for the stores to open. I'm still not used to how late everything opens in the morning (10 or 11 am usually). Then, we picked up a bridal shower gift for a friend of ours, and explored some fun kids stores. In the afternoon baby girl and I attended our first Bridal Tea. It was so fun to have little tea sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and lemon curd, and petit fours. I don't think I dressed up enough for it, but I think everyone forgave me because I brought the world's cutest baby with me. :)

And today... pancakes for breakfast, then laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning the floors, making dinner and now helping baby girl get to sleep.

Oh, also today, my jaw dropped to the floor when my 7 month old daughter pulled herself up to standing, then, holding onto my outstretched leg, toddled from the couch to the ottoman. 

So, as boring as this update is, here it is. I hope you all had lovely weekends as well!

No comments: