Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Accessible Research: the beginning of Tasty Tidbits for the brain

I've been thinking about ways to motivate myself to blog more about science, and I think, do this, I'll just write about the key results of the many research articles I'm planning to read through.

I understand the value in explaining background so that everything is in context, but a lot of times that deters me to writing because I don't think I have the proper amount of time to devote. So, I'm going to try a new technique where I summarize the main findings of a paper, that I think will be useful for me to remember, and then link to the paper so those who are interested can go read more. I'll do my best to make sure these are open access articles, but that isn't always possible.

I am hoping this technique will help me to read more critically and efficiently, and maybe even spur some questions and discussion.

I'm sure the format will change as time goes along, and I'll be happy for any suggestions as to how to make it more useful to readers.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: