Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Brenner's Encyclopedia of Genetics, Second Edition

There are over 1600 articles in the Second Edition of Brenner's Encyclopedia of Genetics, and exactly one of them is written by yours truly.



I wrote the entry for the Pseudoautosomal Linkage Region (which I would have preferred to call the Pseudoautosomal Region). Unfortunately the new website only has a few previews right now, which I wasn't able to access, but you might be able to get an idea of the content by looking at the previous collection. I am hoping the electronic version will be up and active soon - I'll post here when it is.

You can always purchase the hardbound copy for the low, low price of... oh, uh, nevermind. You should probably just wait until the website becomes active, or convince your school's library to buy it.

2 comments:

EllenQ said...

Very Cool!!! I just got a big hit in the PAR and thought of you.

mathbionerd said...

I'd love to hear about it sometime. I'm starting a project with a student to try and identify the PAR boundary using diversity data. Neat stuff, I hope.