Tuesday, February 5, 2013

In our backyard.


On Friday the Bear and I were walking our regular route home from daycare and I saw six police cars and a CSI van about a block from our home, around 5:30. As we got closer a seventh police car showed up.

And, today I found out why: http://police.berkeley.edu/crimealerts/2013/13-020113-4.html

I'm not sure what to think about it.

I understand that I've been pretty fortunate to live in fairly safe places, and that there is a lot of violence in the world that I'm lucky enough not to have experienced (or likely ever will). And so, I don't want to over-react at this stabbing, a block from my home.

But, I am also concerned about the little Bear's safety, and want to do everything in my power to protect her from senseless violence. I guess, I can only do my best to not put us in dangerous situations, while still giving her many opportunities to experience life for herself.


No comments: