Saturday, July 30, 2011

1.5 pounds in two weeks!

Before I get back to science, however, I was just reminded that I told you all I was on a mission to make it back to my pre-baby weight. It's been two-weeks since I weighed myself, and I was a little nervous with the cold we all had, and the amazingly delicious ice cream sandwich  I devoured, that I would be the same, or maybe working in the reverse direction, but it turns out that all the walking is doing some good!

After dragging my mostly-recovered body to the gym today for some stationary biking (while reading the fourth book in the Uglies series, Extras), and abs/stretching, I decided to hike back to the women's changing room and check my weight. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I'm still on track, down to 153lbs. Yay!

What makes me the most happy about this is that it is almost entirely due to the lifestyle change here in Berkeley. We walk nearly everywhere (we use the car maybe once a week to go to laundry and head to Target/Best Buy), which means we are guaranteed at least 2-3miles a day just getting to work and daycare, more if we get ambitious for going out for lunch or dinner. And that doesn't include walking the dogs. Choosing to live so close to campus and town has virtually eliminated the desire to drive anywhere.

I am not counting calories, just making sure we have an abundance of fresh fruits, veggies, and nuts at home, a scarcity of unhealthy options, and doing my best to choose healthy meals when we go out. Really, I don't even think about it much anymore because the greasy, fatty foods don't even look appetizing anymore (another win!).

It doesn't hurt that I like to read through Obesity Panacea on occasion to keep me informed and motivated.

No comments: