Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Week 8 of plowshare produce

Sorry I missed week 6 and 7!! But I'm back now, and shouldn't miss another (if all goes well). :)

This Week’s Veggies: potatoes, beets, carrots, celery, zucchini, cucumbers, onions, herbs, tomatoes and peppers

The basil was turned into pesto, which I'm hoping to use for pizza later this week (just basil, olive oil and parmesan cheese):

The four beets are still in the fridge, waiting to be cooked. Instead I cooked the beets from our garden and made some beet relish (like sweet pickle relish):

Also, with the potatoes leftover from last week (still debating what to do with the ones from this week), along with some of the onion, and other tasty add-ins, I made potato salad for dinner:


I have an onion leftover from last week, and two small ones from my own garden, so this week I'm going to attempt a french onion soup. I am eternally disappointed with french onion soups when we go out to eat; they are generally too salty, overloaded with cheese and croutons, and sorely lacking in onions. The onion soup I had in France, on the other hand, was exquisite. It was, hands down, the best food I had in France, and now I am eager to attempt it at home!

No comments: